Digital transformation and ERP is consistently on our radar here at Ultra’s ERP consultant team.
As an independent consulting organization – Ultra Consultants focuses on developing and delivering fair and balanced reviews of technology innovations and strategic developments in the world of ERP and beyond.
With the increasing acceptance of the Cloud Computing platform there have been a significant number of new products and solutions released into the marketplace; many of them being laser focused on providing digital transformation for specific industry segments.
Digital transformation is the key to the next level of business process management.
- MRP is about planning and executing transactions within the supply chain;
- ERP is about integrating and delivering meaningful analysis of those transactions within the enterprise.
- Digital transformation is more about interactions than transactions. What this means is that the operational lines between departments and functions within an organization blend into an ecosystem that includes customers, partners, suppliers, and employees in a “responsive” network of collaboration.
With the embrace of social media – the next generation of technology users now expect systems to communicate within the organization – intelligent responses, not just the delivery of packets of information.
Digital Transformation and ERP – A Vendor Profile
Recently I was introduced to several cloud solutions that offer a digital transformation focus into specific industry segments. In this edition, I’d like to introduce a vendor and solution that is geared to some critical needs of Chemical Manufacturers. This level of ERP education is helpful for project teams heading into ERP selection.
Vendor Profile – Alchemy Cloud
Alchemy Cloud was formed in 2017 by professionals who have built software for or sold software to the chemicals industry dating back to 2001. The company is based in Silicon Valley.
North American Location:
Alchemy Cloud https://alchemy.cloud/
2443 Fillmore Street, Suite #430
San Francisco, CA 94115
Miroslava Antica 2
Novi Sad 21000
Phone: +381 65-393-2660
Cloud Solution for Chemical Industry
Their cloud based solution focuses on Laboratory Management (software for digital lab work requests, project portfolio management, and e-lab notebook) as well as Customer Relationship Management. Each module is sold separately with the potential to be delivered as an integrated solution set.
Key Benefits of Alchemy Cloud
In terms of digital transformation and ERP, the system automates business processes in one industry
• Industry-specific features come “out of the box”
• Value is unlocked with efficient cross functional/process collaboration and when data is not siloed
• System recommends action and can self-optimize
• Product roadmap is 100% geared for one industry
• No hidden consulting or maintenance fees
• Easy and fast to pilot to prove value
• Easy and fast to update so technology keeps pace with the business
Summary of Features/Capabilities
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
– Digitize in-bound lab work requests and build a central repository
– Work off complete, accurate project requirements up front
– Clone prior lab work requests for subsequently similar projects
– Match requirements to historical projects
– Look up competitive offsets in real-time
– Have visibility into the lab for status of lab work and samples
Alchemy’s CRM features help organize, track, and grow pipeline. Sales tools that help users sell specialty chemicals right out of the box. In addition, merging customer and internal data that will help the salesforce close business faster.
- Real-time resource allocation by capacity & expertise
- Digital project prioritization
- Complete, real-time visibility by step, status, priority, chemistry, end market, customer, chemist, salesperson, etc.
- Access the superset of requirements and trial & final test results to leverage in subsequent projects
- 100% customizable workflow automation that is ISO and stage gate compliant
- Designed for the iterative and non-linear nature of trials, testing, and customer feedback
With Project Management features, all project data in one place, accessible via desktop or smart device Manage each project based on its unique type, value, difficulty and more. Connect project data and people to take action.