Ultra Consultants seeks experienced Senior Project Manager with deep understanding of ERP concepts. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the direction, execution, and completion of client implementation engagements, and will lead the way towards the completion of all project deliverables.
Note: during the Covid-19 Pandemic, you will work primarily from your home office where you will utilize various remote video conferencing and collaboration tools. There may be occasions where you are required to be at the client site. When this situation occurs, you will be required to adhere to the guidelines established by the CDC and the client regarding social distancing, wearing of protective masks etc. Internal company meetings and team interactions are mostly web-based and allow you to maintain maximum flexibility during the workday.
We are seeking professionals who have progressive experience in the manufacturing or distribution sectors with a solid background working with ERP software. PMP certification and experience in executing Lean methodologies is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be very structured and detailed oriented; a take charge individual who is not afraid to deliver “bad news” when required. They must be able to think about the project plan from the bottom up and communicate it from the top down.
Ultra Consultants is a vendor independent company. We do not maintain vendor-specific implementation practices, but rather complement the vendor implementation methodology with an emphasis on value realization and accountability with both the client and vendor.
To the qualified candidates we offer:
- Excellent compensation, commensurate with experience
- Incentive and bonus structure
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Serve as the project lead for the planning and implementation of client projects
- Lead the project team in defining the current and future state of the client
- Establish the goals and major deliverables for the client based on current and future state definition
- Realize the resources needed to execute project needs
- Present and sign off on major project deliverables
- Collaborate with project team representatives on the client side to effectively plan and schedule project timeline, deadlines, and budget
- Act as liaison between project team and stakeholders, making sure they are up to date on project status
- Effectively communicate the value and methodology of Ultra to the client and project team
Authority and Decision Making
The Project Manager has the authority to manage within the scope of their assigned responsibilities and the practices of the firm. He/she is responsible for directing projects within the framework of the Ultra Methodology to deliver expected Client success and make decisions in the best interest of the Client and Ultra Consultants. The Project Manager provides leadership and constructive coaching to assigned Ultra resources to ensure continuous improvement and quality of deliverables for those respective resources in the Talent Management process.
Ultra Consultants expects all our clients to be 100% satisfied with our work. Through the work efforts of the Partners, Managers, and Consultants, the expected outcomes of every engagement are focused on providing the highest possible value as defined in the Engagement Letter and Statement of Work. The Project Manager is expected to direct the project and resources to deliver according to plan and expectation and to deliver value as a trusted advisor and perform to the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and trustworthiness.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
In addition to the following skills, the Project Manager position is expected to become fluent in the Ultra Methodology and be able to interpret and incorporate the ERP vendor methodology accordingly. The successful candidate is expected to have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business, industrial, and/or computing technology related discipline (MBA and/or other relevant advanced degree is preferred)
- 5-8 years Project/Program leadership experience in managing the implementation and operation of complex business and technology projects/activities. We are looking for individuals whose experience covers software/ project implementation from inception to completion.
- PMP Certification, highly desired
- 7-10 years of experience in ERP and related manufacturing and/or distribution industries
- 5 years of consulting and practice management experience including budget and resource responsibilities
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) plus Microsoft Visio, Project, and SharePoint
- Professional experience in implementing and managing ERP, CRM, MRP, SCM, HRIS, Web Portal, and other business productivity technologies/tools
- Experience in leading teams, guiding and directing resources, planning, forecasting, scheduling, and facilitation
- Demonstration of effective and confident communications that are well-organized, appropriately concise, informative, and tailored to engage the audience
- Ability to communicate and work as a team player
- Ability to adapt to updated priorities
- Frequent travel (up to 100%) to domestic locations with potential for international, as necessary.
- Commitment to work within and outside normal working hours to meet or exceed expectations.
- Adapt to our client’s work environment.
- Must be comfortable working in a variety of environments from the Board Room to the Shop Floor.
- Frequent site visits to industrial sites that may involve exposure to heat, noise, large industrial equipment, moving assembly lines, chemicals, and other environmental factors.
- Home Office environment is the responsibility of the individual
- Extensive driving, flying, and other forms of transportation will be the norm.
- Use of telephone and multi-media conferencing will be a standard practice.
Ultra is a leading independent technology-driven transformation firm located in North America. Founded in 1994, Ultra Consultants has been providing high value services to our clients in the mid-market manufacturing, and distribution industries: Business Performance Improvement (BPI), ERP/Technology Selection, Implementation Management, Project Management, and Organizational Change Management. Ultra Consultants is an independent vendor agnostic company.
With several hundred successful client engagements, Ultra serves as a “trusted advisor” to our clients, guiding them through a transformation of legacy information systems and processes to modern enterprise information systems and best practice business processes with the goal to improve our client’s business performance and success. We provide our clients:
- Highest quality service
- Expertise in ERP and industry best practices
- A proven project methodology with a focus on time to benefit
- A culture of 100% customer satisfaction
Since 2016 Ultra Consultants has been recognized and certified each year for its top workplace performance and environment by Great Place to Work®, a global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Our people provided their response to questions about Ultra’s credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie. The results speak for themselves – Ultra is a great place to work!
All job candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Ultra Consultants does not sponsor individual Work Visas.
Company: Ultra Consultants
Address: Illinois, United States 61709, US
Job Type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 4 Year