100 Innovation Place
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
+1 805 566 6100
See here for QAD office locations
In 1979, QAD was founded by Pamela Lopker, who was later joined by her husband Karl Lopker, as a small startup solution to address a large gap in integrated business software for manufacturing companies. Nearly 40 years later, Pam and Karl continue to lead QAD, Pam as President and Chairman and Karl as CEO.
Across the decades, QAD has continually invested in modernizing and innovating its solutions. Today QAD supports thousands of global manufacturers in over 100 countries around the world. QAD’s flagship QAD Cloud ERP runs on a microservices-based platform, called the QAD Enterprise Platform that makes it easy to extend and build no code/low code apps and adopt new advanced technologies as they reach maturity. It also offers a modern browser-based HTML5 and native mobile user interfaces.
QAD has always been deeply committed to its manufacturing customer community and prides itself on a positive customer engagement process and the ability to support customers as they and the manufacturing industry changes.
QAD targets companies ranging in from $50M to over $1B in revenues and provides extensive capabilities, services and support for manufacturers with international operations. QAD also focuses specific industries within manufacturing, specifically Automotive, Consumer Products, Food and Beverage, High Tech, Industrial Manufacturing and Life Sciences.
QAD Cloud ERP is a proven, scalable cloud-based solution that QAD started offering more in 2007 – well ahead of many well-established ERP providers. QAD also offers several closely related products, such as QAD Cloud DSCP (demand and supply chain planning), QAD Cloud QMS (quality management), QAD Cloud TMS (transportation management), QAD Cloud EDI, QAD Boomi (for cloud and general purpose integration via a partnership with Dell Boomi), and more.
QAD’s long track record in its six vertical industries are due to QAD’s commitment to including industry-specific capabilities, business processes and flows. QAD Internationalization team tracks financially-related compliance changes at the country-level and implements the changes in QAD Cloud ERP to ensure manufacturers do not run into business hurdles. That means that QAD Cloud ERP can support all the primary financial, operational and supply chain needs of global manufacturers, but also includes deep manufacturing features to support plants. The major solution components of QAD Cloud ERP include:
- Financials which supports the meeting of complex regulatory requirements, timely and accurate financial reporting, advanced budgeting and costing capabilities, is fully multi-currency and multi-language and makes it easy to meet audit requirements
- Customer management which provides 306 degree B2B customer information tracking with sales-related capabilities, and optionally trade activity management, a configurator and eCommerce.
- Manufacturing which supports full lean techniques and includes production and push production orders, sophisticated inventory management, shop floor and advanced production and MRP, and optional IoT capabilities for digital automation associated with label printing and automated data capture.
- Supply chain includes full execution capabilities including release management, distribution requirements planning, enterprise operations planning, purchasing/global requisitioning, supplier performance and consignment. Related optional products include QAD Supplier Portal – a SaaS supply visibility offering, demand and supply chain planning, global trade management and warehousing.
- Service and Support Management makes it easy to effectively manage post-sale activities including mobile field engineer tools – and it is fully integrated with the rest of the customer management features.
- Enterprise Asset Management to met asset and equipment safety, maintenance and quality requirements with full project accounting.
- Analytics for basic KPI management, flexible embedded analytics, a reporting framework and an optional advanced analytics solution.
- Business Process Management that support full BPMN standards, with built-in workflow and process performance management.
- Interoperability with optional QAD Cloud EDI, QAD Boomi (cloud integration) and eInvoicing.
Go to Market
QAD works with channel partners in select markets, both geographically and for certain industries. QAD Global Services support onboarding, implementation and post-implementation services for many customers, but QAD is increasingly working with third party services organizations. QAD is a truly global ERP and supply chain vendor, with less than 50% of its revenue coming from North America.
No feed items found.
More ERP Software Information
View Ultra’s ERP education library to see past or upcoming free Webinars!
- Events and Webinars
- On Demand Webinars
- White Papers
- Case Studies
- ERP Podcasts
- Ultra’s ERP Blog
- Ultra’s ERP eNewsletter
Contact Ultra to consider your strategies and get fast results.