Manufacturers and Distributors are scrapping their multi-year plans and re-examining new practices and procedures with safety in mind. Those who are able to adapt their operations will likely emerge triumphant from this – both for their response in a time of global crisis, and for the impact of this reimagination and innovation on their business going forward.
The most difficult step in business process improvement is the development of the future state. It requires an understanding of the weaknesses in the current process, and an understanding of what is possible with improved technology. Over the course of 6 week’s, Ultra’s tools and techniques are skillfully applied in virtual workshops. Your existing processes are reviewed and the facilitator leads the team through a re-design of the business process. These sessions can parallel process re-design activities in Kaizen events or Six Sigma projects. The output of the session is a detailed process map for your future state.
Multiple levels of process maps are created:
- Level 1 – Enterprise
- Level 2 – Department
- Level 3 – Process
- Level 4 – Sub Process
While many technologies and solutions were seen as nice to have before COVID-19 , we will now lead you through a new evalutation with consideration of the new future state, in areas such as:
- Real-time visibility into the availability of raw materials, finished goods, WIP, people and assets
- Use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to constantly reassess and re-plan activities
- Updating your remote and virtual working governing procedures
- Protect Your Supply Chain and Mitigate Disruptions During a Time of Crisis
- Use of Business Intelligence for managing existing information to make smarter decisions and take more clearsighted action
If the process requires new technology, our future state documentation will include:
- Development Methods (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Risk Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Enterprise Project Management
Ultra’s tools and techniques are skillfully applied with the backdrop of decades of proven experience and practice. With Covid-19 forcing companies you reset, Ultra is lending our business process expertise to help you rapidly plan a transformation of your systems and programs to thrive in the future.
This extraordinary time requires new ideas, rapid planning, empowered employees, and the right technology. But it is possible to emerge from this stronger.