Your company has received a new opportunity from a new prospective customer. You have to track the opportunity through the sales cycle, develop an estimate for a new part, publish a quote, and convert the quote to an order then it has to be approved by the prospect. But what do you when your current software systems aren’t sufficient to streamline these processes together?
Job shop manufacturing companies are typically faced with the challenge of disjointed and outdated systems. Legacy systems and spreadsheets aren’t enough to track make-to-order opportunities, there is a lack of visibility across all departments and processes are not aligned to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
The “Opportunity to Invoice” process requires an integrated solution that automatically unites your operations from accounting and sales to production and delivery. SAP Business One is an SAP product designed specifically for growing small-midsize companies and tailored to suit the industry requirements of made-to-order manufacturers. Here is a quick breakdown of the comprehensive and automated opportunity to invoice steps in SAP Business One:
- Opportunity Identified – Sales
- Log new opportunity for a new prospect and capture opportunity details
- Develop Quote – Engineer
- Engineer builds an estimate of materials and operations that includes both existing and new components/materials
- Publish Quote – Sales
- Sales reviews the estimate, prepares the quote, and publishes quote to prospect
- Convert Quote to Sale Order – Customer Service
- Customer service receives a PO from the prospect, converts quote to order and publishes an order acknowledgement to buyer
- Release Work Order – Production Planner
- The planner reviews the order and prepares a work order created automatically and through to assembly
- Manufacturing – Shop floor operator
- Operators pick parts to fill the order, warehouse receives the order to move the finished goods to its assigned warehouse location
- Warehouse – Warehouse Manager
- At due date, system automatically issues pick, and ship orders
- Controller opens invoice and views profitability of order and compares to estimate
Do you feel your company has the proper tools in place to execute this step-by-step process for a successful “Opportunity to Invoice” process? Want to learn more about the description of each process and how it can be executed in a paperless workflow?
Vision33 and Ultra Consultants are doing informative webinars on how SAP Business One – the SAP solution designed specifically for small to midsize growing companies – meets the needs of make-to-order manufacturers.
Hosted by leading independent ERP experts at Ultra Consultants and Vision33, the webinar takes place on January 16, 2017, 1:00pm CST and requires no registration fee.
To learn more about Vision33, please visit their website here.