Global Distribution Company
A global manufacturer/distributor with distribution centers in Europe and sales offices in Canada, Japan and China.
The company had attempted to implement a new ERP solution, but the effort was stalled.
In later years, the company continued to discuss ways to get back on track with its goal of implementing a better enterprise technology system but was unsuccessful.
Finally, company management engaged Ultra Consultants to conduct a “lessons learned” analysis and to guide a new ERP selection/implementation project. Its goal was to move onto a platform to support future needs while ensuring the same mistakes from the previous failed implementation efforts would not occur.
The goal was to move onto a platform to support future needs while avoiding mistakes from the previous failed implementation
Ultra’s proven approach and methodologies in ERP selection and evaluation, coupled with the selection of an industry-focused solution, delivered a clear value-add .
Ultra’s team recommended that the company proceed with a structured business process improvement project that would include education and the definition of a future state vision.
Value Realized Through Business Process Improvement Services:
- Development of future business processes
- Future system context
- System demonstration script reflecting the future state
- A long-range transformation plan
- A business case
- A detailed implementation charter that would highlight prerequisite preparation tasks necessary to ensure a successful project
About The Company
The client is a manufacturer/distributor with European distribution centers and sales offices in Canada, Japan and China. It operates in a regulated global environment and has three concurrent service methods:
Catalog sales with a focus on high-volume distribution, serviced by make-to-stock and purchase to stock
- Make to order
- Engineer to order
- The company is vertically integrated having purchased other manufacturers and raw materials suppliers.
Value Realized Through Ultra’s ERP Selection Services:
- Depth of knowledge of the ERP vendor community
- Knowledge of vendor partner channels
- Track record of successfully implementing ERP within manufacturing and distribution companies
- methodical approach to selection decision drivers
Value Realized Through Ultra’s ERP Implementation Services:
Software selection and implementation processes often present challenges of their own. To steer you around trouble and help you drive success, Ultra’s experts compiled a list of pain points and solutions to be aware of as you embark on this journey.