Ultra Consultants seeks a methodical Vendor Research Analyst to focus on the enterprise software vendor marketplace and understand how the technology products and services align to our clients’ best interests and the markets we serve.
In addition to software features, functions, and costs, the Vendor Research Analyst should understand each vendor’s eco-system including company size and organization, investment strategy, technology roadmap, and other business facets that play into our clients’ software purchase decision. The Analyst will also understand how these details tie into Ultra’s interests of providing insight and thought leadership to the marketplace.
The successful Vendor Research Analyst must clearly present research tailored to the various audiences to ensure understanding.
- Research vendors, competitors, and the industry marketplace and compile that research and analysis to present insight and thought leadership to our target market and active clients
- Analyze information and compose whitepapers, reports, and presentations for external and internal publication
- Support Ultra’s Vendor Selection services by providing vendor research insights and aligning the best fit vendors and their software products to the future state needs and aspirations of our clients
- Design and develop surveys, questionnaires and talking points to discover and better understand our clients’ business objectives, interests, and preferences.
- Compile and create documents, information, and analysis, including statistical data, using modern and traditional methods to support and maintain Ultra’s Vendor Knowledge Base.
- Collect information on consumers, competitors and marketplace and create reports and presentations tailored to the respective audiences.
- Present to various audiences of any level both within the organization and with clients with a captivating and thought-provoking dynamic. Engage audience members in meaningful dialogues on the topics at hand.
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it.
- Perform relevant and reliable market research using SWOT analysis, multi-axis matrices and other research presentation tools.
- Interpret data, formulate reports and presentations along with recommendations that satisfy the best interests of the audience.
- Investigate various sources of information including vendor and client discussions, past client insights, and consultant perspectives along with online market research and database catalogues to populate and maintain Ultra’s Vendor Knowledge Base.
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation, and micro/macro influencers that drive market/industry trends.
- Evaluate vendor services methodology
- Be an “influencer” in our market for enterprise software products and associated vendor services that support Ultra’s target market of manufacturing and distribution industries.
- Remain in-tune with all research collateral and refresh accordingly to ensure relevance and thought-leadership is maintained.
- Proven Market Research Analysis experience
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge and competence in MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Teams, SharePoint, PowerBI, and others as necessary
- Solid acumen in search engine research techniques, web analytics and business research tools
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling, and mining
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
This position will require up to 25% billable functional consultant activities that include the following additional qualifications:
- Professional experience with ERP, e-Commerce, Supply Chain, WMS and other business productivity technologies and tools.
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution sector
- Experience in working in a team environment, planning and facilitation of meetings, and training.
- Willingness to travel to domestic locations.
- Commitment to work within and outside normal working hours.
- Professional home office environment is required and is the responsibility of the individual.
- Adapt to our client’s work environment when onsite.
- Must be comfortable working in a variety of environments from the executive level to the Shop Floor.
- Possible site visits to industrial sites that may involve exposure to heat, noise, large industrial equipment, moving assembly lines, chemicals, and other environmental factors.
- Occasional driving, flying, and other forms of transportation required.
- Use of telephone and multi-media conferencing will be a standard practice.
To the Vendor Research Analyst, we offer:
- Excellent annual salary commensurate with experience and past performance
- Incentive and bonus structure
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- 401K Retirement Plan
Ultra is a leading independent technology-driven transformation firm located in North America. Founded in 1994, Ultra Consultants has been providing high value services to our clients in the mid-market manufacturing, and distribution industries: Business Performance Improvement (BPI), ERP/Technology Selection, Implementation Management, Project Management, and Organizational Change Management. Ultra Consultants is an independent vendor agnostic company.
With several hundred successful client engagements, Ultra serves as a “trusted advisor” to our clients, guiding them through a transformation of legacy information systems and processes to modern enterprise information systems and best practice business processes with the goal to improve our client’s business performance and success. We provide our clients:
- Highest quality service
- Expertise in ERP and industry best practices
- A proven project methodology with a focus on time to benefit
- A culture of 100% customer satisfaction
Since 2016 Ultra Consultants has been recognized and certified each year for its top workplace performance and environment by Great Place to Work®, a global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Our people provided their response to questions about Ultra’s credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie. The results speak for themselves – Ultra is a great place to work!
All job candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Ultra Consultants does not sponsor individual Work Visas.
Note: As the Covid-19 Pandemic continues, you will work primarily from your home office where you will utilize various remote video conferencing and collaboration tools. There may be occasions where you are required to be at the client site. When this situation occurs, you will be required to adhere to the guidelines established by the CDC and the client regarding social distancing, wearing of protective masks etc. Internal company meetings and team interactions are mostly web-based and allow you to maintain maximum flexibility during the workday.
Company: Ultra Consultants
Address: Illinois, United States , US
Job Type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 3 Year